Streamline Swimming and And Efficient Speed Workshop
January 26th and 27th 2018
55 Buena Vista Road, West Hartford, CT 06107
Location: Cornerstone Aquatic Center
Description: This course is designed to teach you how to better streamline your body and develop better techniques to make you more efficient and faster, swimmer. The course takes you through all the drills and numerous strategies for full stroke mechanics. Resulting in a freestyle that is faster, easier, and more efficient for the long haul. Numerous video sessions will be uploaded to Dropbox for your viewing after the clinic. You will receive a link that will allow you to view and
download the video. The instructors will comment on the videos in class to remind you of your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
Lesson 1 – drills and skills to correct all of the stroke faults and habits that keep athletes from swimming smoothly without effort. We’ll get an in-depth progression towards a stroke that offers continuing possibilities for improvement, and move through skill work to finish the day finding efficient, effortless stroke segments.
1. Balance and Stability – We teach you to find your natural body position in the water. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use.
2. Streamline your stroke – Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your Body – Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe Easy – We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking.The air is free, take all you need.
2.0 We’ll Transform your freestyle. Develop a stroke that is faster, easier, and more efficient for the long haul. Swim faster with smarter choices, instead of greater effort.
1. Stroke Tempo, Learn your own best swimming gears . . . like those on a bicycle. Change speeds simply by adding a stroke to your count. Discover your best range of 3 stroke counts for this skill, and practice using them with expert guidance.
2. The Magic of Tempo A Tempo Trainer is an improvement-minded swimmer’s best friend. Use it to make striking gains in efficiency–then convert that efficiency into more speed. Sometimes in 15 minutes or less and with an ease that will surprise you.
3. The Math of Speed The equation Stroke Length x Stroke Rate (SL x SR) is the only exact and guaranteed predictor of how fast you’ll swim. Learn simple exercises and formulas for creating and solving speed problems. Also, learn the combination of SPL+Tempo that precisely matches your present level of skill and fitness.
WHAT TO BRING: For the classroom: Pad and pen for note-taking. For the pool: An extra suit if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, an extra pair of goggles – just in case, towel(s) water bottle and a lunch. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge.
Tuition Options: Friday Evening Through Saturday $195.00
Payment type: Paypal
Contact: For more information and registration please contact Coach Jeff at email@example.com